Monday, May 27, 2013

Goodbye workouts 1 and 2

Today was a good day, its Memorial day, a day to honor service members past and present but it also  means last day for workout 2. Since I am combining both workout 2 and cardio today and skipping my rest day that means tomorrow i'm on to workout 3 WooHoo!! Goodbye workouts 1 and 2 see you again in August.

Today we got up at 7am, I weighed in  as I always do and I'm down 2 pounds. I hope to see at least that come Wednesday's weigh in. We then left to watch my sister and 2 of her girls run a 5k at 7:45am. The race officials miscalculated the distance and it actually was 3.8 miles. I was inspired by how well they all did, I decided to tackle the 7 miles around the lake. I laced up my running shoes, drove to a good spot to start and headed out. Just shy of 6 miles in I realized that I didn't get off the path at the right place and ended up at a residential dead end. By the time that I got back on the right path I had went an extra mile. I plowed on feeling a little discouraged and ended up finishing my walk at 2hrs 40mins. Not too bad. It averaged out to be 20min miles. Although my best mile on this was 18:13. I normally do 22min miles.

As a reward I went to DQ for a S'mores frozen hot chocolate. They gave me it as a shake instead and then said well that's what the order said. So I left with my shake. I'm not overly fond of chocolate shakes, plus the shake is more calories then the frozen hot chocolate (ok not by much but still not the point). I ended up having a couple bites of Cassie's blizzard instead and felt bummed about my treat. We decided to go pickup a pizza from little Caesar's. I was then going to treat myself to a diet soda, after way to much thought was put into if I should or not I bought a sparling water. Figured that was a good compromise, plus I really like them. I had my sparling water, 2 small crazy bread pieces and the smallest 2 slices of pizza in the box, then told Cassie to put the rest of the pizza into the freezer to avoid me eating anymore. If I start to feel like I'm going to binge on it I will have her throw it outside in the trash. I hate the thought of wasting food, but I'd rather it end up in the trash then attached to my butt.

For my second reward I bought a pair of insoles. My feet hurt so badly after my workout that I left my sisters early. Not only do my feet hurt, but my hips also. I came home after getting the insoles, put them in my shoes and my feet feel soooo much better. Now wishing that I had these before my walk today.

I hope everyone had a fun Memorial Weekend and now that my last day of workout 2 is done, i'm going to bed early tonight. Let the battle of If I should start workout 3 or not commence tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because sometimes we all need a visual

LilySlim Weight charts